If you want to celebrate your dog, make him an easy homemade dog cake recipe! These dog cakes are made with simple ingredients frosted with whipped cream and your dog will LOVE every bite! Today I’m going to show you this super simple dog cake recipe that you can make at home. So let’s go. Put on the apron. Check out your pet’s playlist on Spotify. Go to the kitchen and get ready. Ugh, dough. Ummm, making a cake. Choose one of these cakes or bake them all and throw the perfect party with all the neighborhood dogs and friends!
Super gourmet dog cake recipe!
Baking your dog a birthday cake is the best way to spoil him on his special day! This four-legged friend-approved cake is packed with healthy ingredients like chicken, carrots, and plain Greek yogurt! Rest assured, they will love every bite! I love making food for my dog at home because I know exactly what’s in it! No fillers, no preservatives, just wholesome ingredients! For a delicious anytime snack for your fur baby, you should try my homemade dog treats! As with any dog treat, this cake is best given to your dog in moderation. Best for sharing with other furry friends! Without further ado, let’s make a dessert that your dog will go crazy for!
Two-layer no-bake chicken and vegetable dog pie
This cake is healthy, grain-free and versatile. The best part about this dog cake recipe is that it is made with all-natural ingredients. No filler here! Only the best for your furry friends! You can replace the broccoli with fresh or frozen green beans, such as sweet potatoes with carrots for this recipe. Halve the ingredients for a smaller cake or double it to feed your adorable, hungry pack of dogs. You should use a larger or smaller springform pan and adjust the amount of yogurt for the ice cream. In the photo above, the cake uses chopped chicken sausage and a chewy bone for the final touch, but you can use whatever your pup prefers. Decorate your spoiled dog cake with his favorite treats for the ultimate dog dessert!
Here are the kitchen supplies you will need for this dog cake recipe:
- Food processor or blender
- 2 mixing bowls
- 16cm springform pan (or whatever size you need for your cake)
- Oil or cooking spray for the pan
- A Dutch oven or casserole dish with a lid is large enough to hold your springform pan
- Aluminum foil
- Spatula or spoon
- Table knife or meat thermometer
- 2-3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 to 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 kg minced/minced chicken, thawed and divided
- 1 cup shredded/shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-2 cups plain Greek yogurt (you may need more or less depending on the thickness of the frosting and how you’re icing the sides)
- Sweets for decoration
- Using a blender or food processor, chop or puree the carrots as finely as possible and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Repeat with the broccoli florets. Pour into a separate mixing bowl.
- Place half of the chicken in each of two bowls.
- Shake each container until well mixed.
- Add ½ cup cheese to each bowl.
- Mix again to completely combine.
- Grease or spray your springform pan.
- Make sure to spread one of your chicken-vegetable mixtures evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Cover the mold tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the covered cake pan in your dutch oven or casserole dish.
- Pour enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the springform pan.
Put on medium heat. Place the lid on the pot.
- Steam for 30-45 minutes or until firm and cooked through. Put a table knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. Alternatively, use a meat thermometer.
- The cake should read at least 165 F.
- Remove from the pan and remove the foil.
- Cool completely.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan. Place on a plate or serving tray.
- Use yogurt to frost the cake. It may need to be diluted slightly with a tablespoon or two of water for easy spreading.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings to finish this easy low-budget recipe. Organize a party with your dog and 2-3 of his friends