The results of the night in the NBA
The Celtics @Raptors: 106-104
magical @ Wizards : 118-138
Hornets @ Falcons: 122-118
dollars @ Cavs : 102-114
@Rockets monsters : 104-113
Pacers@ Suns : 107-112
Sixers @Kings: 129-127
MVP Race vol. 3: Two Slavs and a Celt, doubt remains
– The mind of the Boston Celtics is one of the reasons why they are at the top of the NBA and have now won 9 in a row. Despite missing Jayson Tatum and back-to-back injuries to Marcus Smart (ankle) and Robert Williams (knee) against the Raptors, Joe Mazzulla’s men overwhelmed Toronto.
The C’s narrowly won thanks to a very good second half, a career high Grant “Batman” Williams (25 points), to firmness Jaylen Brown (27 points) and the presence of the 6th luxury Malcolm Brogdon (23 points). It is also necessary to emphasize the clutchity ofAl Horfordwho dropped a block, a steal and a rebound in the final 20 seconds of the game.
Boston hasn’t lost since January 3rd and it was a clear click in OKC.
– Evan Mobley he was so advanced in defense that we forget that he was also quite talented in attack. The Cavs sophomore was amazing in his team’s win over Milwaukee. Cleveland took advantage of Giannis Antetokounmpo’s absence to get valuable success against a direct opponent, and Mobley had a lot to do with that.
The Californian broke the NBA record for points (38) with 9 rebounds and 3 assists. More impressive: he didn’t make a single free throw, not a single 3-pointer. In 1997, Hakeem Olajuwon!
Playing without Donovan Mitchell, the Cavs are in 5th place, just one point behind 3rd place Milwaukee.
Evan Mobley lowers career high in Cavs W:
38 PTS (career high)
3 AST pic.twitter.com/JuPtTxaiBv
— NBA (@NBA) January 22, 2023
– Anthony Edwards Tonight, the Wolves were on fire for Houston. True to what he’s been doing for the past few weeks, the 2020 No. 1 pick led his team to victory with an offensive card based on 3-pointers (7) and ferocious dunks (44 on 17/29). Minnesota picked up steam in the second half and earned its 8th win in 11 games. This is the 13th straight loss for the Rockets.
Anthony Edwards. Hopper. pic.twitter.com/p71PULXskx
— NBA (@NBA) January 22, 2023
– Atlanta’s 5-game winning streak has come to a rather disappointing end for the Falcons. At home against Charlotte, Nate McMillan’s players squandered a 19-point lead and made too many mistakes. The Hornets took advantage and terry rozierCollecting 28 of 34 points in the second half, he equalized the game with two shots with 1 second remaining. Not long ago, Clint Capela thought he had given the victory to his people.
The 76 points collected by the Young-Murray-Hunter trio was not enough for Atlanta, which remained in 8th place with the victory of the first 6.
– Phoenix is fighting to keep his ambitions alive and… doing pretty well! The Suns, still without Devin Booker and Chris Paul, dominated Indiana for their second straight victory. The Pacers aren’t the same without Tyrese Haliburton, but he still put up a great fight.
Job WainrightWell known to the French public for his magic in Strasburg, he did the Phoenix a world of good with his tremendous activity and decisive moves to keep Indiana at bay: a 3-point basket with 1 minute left and an assist for Jock Landale. Josh Okogie (24 points) and Mikal Bridges (22 points) did most of the scoring.
TJ McConnell In vain, he recorded a triple-double: 18 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds. The Pacers are on 7 straight losses and the slope is starting to get a little too slippery for their dreams of an outright playoff berth.
– Confidence reigns in the Sixers. Even without Joel Embiid and James Harden, Philadelphia had a great shot and 5th straight win in Sacramento. Again, the Kings were in control of this game. The Beam team led by as many as 21 points in the first half before falling dangerously low.
received by Tyrese Maxey (32 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds) The Sixers turned the situation around and kept the shock until the end despite all efforts. De’Aaron Fox and Keegan MurrayThe author of the 3-point basket to return to one point after 8 seconds of time.
Harrison Barnes had a chance to break even with three shots over the wire, but a miss on the first forced him to intentionally miss the third in hopes of a rebound. In vain.
Philadelphia is second in the East and is benefiting from the Bucks’ struggles.
– Rui Hachimura (30 points, tied NBA career high) Off the bench against Orlando was good for the Wizards. Nevertheless, the Japanese seem open to a trade, as he has stated that he wants to play where we will evaluate his game … He was, after all, with the most productive player of his team, Kyle Kuzma (25 points). Kristaps Porzingis left in the 3rd quarter after suffering an ankle injury.
Washington has consistently led the way in points and is tied for the top 10 thanks to that feat.