Jokic has ice in his veins, Randle and Vucevic are on fire
The results of the night in the NBA
Knicks @ Pistons: 117-104
@Rockets Clippers : 100-121
Warriors @ Bulls : 118-132
Lightning @ Networks: 112-102
Kings @Spurs: 132-119
magical @ nuggets : 116-119
mavs@ Blazers : 123-140
Sixers @Lakers: 113-112
[ITW] We talk to Jacques Monclar about the Paris Game, mid-season and surprises
– LeBron James He became the second player in NBA history to reach 38,000 career points. However, King and the Lakers fell a little short against the Sixers and are seeing the play zone slip further away. This Joel Embiid (35 points, 11 rebounds), authored a big save on Russell Westbrook on the final possession of the game that helped Philadelphia earn its 7th win in 9 games and beat Los Angeles for the 6th time in a row.
Joel Embiid and the Sixers won in LA ? pic.twitter.com/CAdXeXi81a
— NBA (@NBA) January 16, 2023
James Harden He had 24 points and 13 assists on that historic but bittersweet night for LeBron. If he maintains this pace, he’ll pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as normal next month.
– Nikola Jokic thumbed his nose at those who found his bid for a third MVP title a bit of an iconic stunt. Serbs hit a crucial 3-pointer to give Denver the lead in the West with … 1 second left to give the Nuggets the lead against Orlando.
Oh, and Jokic also recorded his 12th triple-double of the season (17 points, 14 points, 10 rebounds) and 88th of his career. What a player…
NIKOLA JOKIC CALLED GAME ? pic.twitter.com/5zu0ALNLn4
— NBA (@NBA) January 16, 2023
– The Bulls and Pistons had mixed fortunes before flying to France to play in the NBA Paris Game. Chicago won the Golden State thanks to the XXL matchupand Nikola VucevicHe tied the scoring record (43) while the Bulls went 11 games without defeating the Warriors and snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Warriors are not going well despite having Stephen Curry, who has lost four of his last five games.
Nikola Vucevic went on the Bulls W:
43 PTS (career high)
5 triples pic.twitter.com/hxTxatombk
— NBA (@NBA) January 15, 2023
Detroit, for its part, shouldered the entire burden Julius Randle. The Knicks’ interior delivered a big performance (42 points, 15 rebounds) to lead New York to its 11th straight win against the Pistons. Since Patrick Ewing in 1996, no Knicks player had at least 40 points and 15 rebounds in an NBA game.
Evan Fournier remained on the bench…
– Damian Lillard currently has legs and intends to bring them to the Blazers. Portland dominated Dallas, who rested Luka Doncic, especially thanks to Lillard’s 40 points. Chauncey Billups’ players stepped up in the 4th quarter, just when the Mavs needed Luke …
– OKC is absolutely in the playoff race and appears to have given up a big pick in the lottery. The Thunder defeated Brooklyn at Barclays Center thanks to a blistering 4th quarter (37-22) and a well-balanced collective performance around it. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (28 points), Josh Giddey (28 points) and Lu is sleeping (22 points).
Seth Curry (23 points) and Nic Claxton (17 pts, 12 rbds, 4 blks) did their best, but playing without Kevin Durant is certainly complicated for the Nets. It’s OKC’s third straight win, just one and a half lengths behind the Clippers for 6th in the West…
– The Clippers, rather, needed a win to regain momentum. They went without a hitch to face Houston. Terence Mann (31 points, a personal record in the NBA), Kawhi Leonard (30 points) and others avoided their 9th loss in 10 matches thanks to a good 4th quarter.
In particular, Kawhi scored 13 points, 9 in a row in the first 11 minutes of the final period, and sent the Californians on their way.
current, Nikolay Batum He played 28 minutes for 5 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block.
– The beautiful story of kings continues. Sacramento sees a little more of a playoff berth with its fourth straight win over San Antonio. Mike Brown’s players eliminated the Spurs based on a huge address (55%) and a good distribution of offensive duties as 6 players scored at least 12 points.
Domantas Sabonis (18 pts, 18 rbds, 8 pts), which again showed why he’ll be an All-Star again next month, and Harrison Barnes (29 points) was the most prominent. Sacramento is currently ranked 4th in the West, three wins ahead of 7th place Minnesota.