Kuzma is clutch, Hayes gets the upper hand on Gobert
The results of the night in the NBA
monsters @ Pistons : 118-135
Bulls @ Wizards : 97-100
dollars @ Falcons: 114-105
pelicans @ The Celtics : 114-125
Pacers@ Knicks : 113-119
Spurs@ The Grizzlies : 129-135
the sun @ nuggets : 97-126
@Rockets Kings : 115-135
Podcast #72: Lakers/Grizzlies, Who Can Claim What?
– After two away games Ja Morant has recovered all its gas. The Grizzlies guard helped his team continue their impressive streak with an 8th straight victory. Against the Spurs, Morant put up 38 points (14/25) and Memphis was able to hold off a Texans comeback late in the game.
For what has become an annual tradition, the All-Star put on a point guard Jakob Poeltl on the poster 3 minutes after the end.
JA POST ?
? https://t.co/1pomQZMAZK pic.twitter.com/3w7kHQxZAK
— NBA (@NBA) January 12, 2023
– The calm was short-lived for the Suns. After a surprise win at Golden State, Monty Williams’ players took over Denver, a decent response to Memphis’ pressure. Thanks to the Nuggets’ great success at home, the two teams are once again tied for the lead. Nikola Jokic (21 points, 18 rebounds, 9 assists) is not far off his 12th triple-double in just 28 minutes of action in the NBA this season…
Phoenix quickly became unavailable, five too light to face such an opponent: Washington Jr., Craig, Bridges, Saric, Biyombo.
– Despite being double-double Rudy Gobert (16 points, 14 rebounds), the Wolves were seriously beaten on the floor by the Pistons. Minnesota went on a 4-game winning streak and rebounded against a team he led. Saddiq Bey (31 points) and Bojan Bogdanovic (27 points). Detroit trailed 10-0 after three minutes, but gradually recovered.
incumbent Killian Hayes He bounced back from his ink game against the Sixers. The French leader scored 18 points, 9 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block on 50% shooting. It is the performances that he began to teach us.
A symbol of the confidence that fueled Hayes earlier in the year, this dunk to Rudy Gobert’s nose and beard in the second half.
Killian Hayes with a blush!#Pistons | @ThinkFordFirst @iam_killian pic.twitter.com/RWBKxfH21P
– Bally Sports Detroit (@BallySportsDET) January 12, 2023
– The end of the Washington-Chicago game can be considered as a duel Kyle Kuzma (21 points) and Zach LaVine (38 points). It was the shot that broke the tie between the two teams and gave the Wizards the win 3.5 seconds after the end of the first half. Certainly not the simplest game winners.
KYLE KUZMA 3 ?
WIZARDS DOWNLOAD 3 YEARS BY :05
? https://t.co/1pomQZMAZK pic.twitter.com/BhXUDpAwzO
— NBA (@NBA) January 12, 2023
In the back, LaVine tried to respond to the noise, but failed. Record 20 rebounds (a personal record in the NBA). Deni Avdia For Washington, one win away from Chicago, the final virtual qualifier for the bye game.
– A fun night for the Bucks who managed to win in Atlanta Giannis Antetokounmpo scored only 7 points and the Hawks blew a 24-point deficit in the second half. Milwaukee was leaning Jrue Holiday (27 points) and Brook Lopez In scoring (20 points), Giannis still brings 18 rebounds and 10 assists.
Playing without Trae Young or Clint Capela, Atlanta has the merit of hanging on with Bogdan Bogdanovic (22 points) good off the bench.
– Boston continues to lead the East. The Celtics hosted the Pelicans and earned respect at home for their fourth straight win. The Tatum-Brown duo was incredibly productive this time as well Jaylen Brown (41 points, 12 rebounds) in the main fireworks role and Jason Tatum (31 points, 10 rebounds) in the officer’s game. It’s the 10th time the two friends have scored 70 or more points in a game in their NBA careers.
The pelicans were left without feathers again, they were alone CJ McCollum (38 points) to respond to the offensive aggressiveness of the other side.
– Tom Thibodeau has seen the Knicks miss a lot of opportunities late in games this season, and he thinks he’s in for a ride again. New York led by 25 points in the 3rd quarter against Indiana, but trailed the Pacers -1 with 3 minutes left in the game. Jalen Brunson The increasingly All-Star-like performance (34 points) gave up this collective crack and allowed the Knicks to breathe by scoring the following 7 points in this matchup.
For him to come back from injury RJ Barrett He scored 27 points. Evan Fournier did not come off the bench. Let’s just hope the Blues don’t back down to the DNP streak…
– The Kings waited until the 4th quarter to gain momentum and pull away from the Rockets, who had a one-point lead at the start of the final period. Still playing with a finger injury, Domantas Sabonis did not go far from a triple-double (25 points, 14 rebounds, 9 wt). The most important player of the game for Sacramento was Trey Lyles, who scored 15 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter in which the Californians won 41-20.
Despite the loss, Alperen Sheng scored his first career triple-double with 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. At only 20 years old, Turk became the youngest pivot to graduate from 3D in the NBA.