Amazing ideas for all tastes!
Hello December! It’s time to start preparing for the holiday season! So let’s start with the menu! Tasty, full of colors and vitamins, it will be able to impress all your family and friends. But that doesn’t mean it has to be very complicated. In fact, it’s the exact opposite, and today we’re going to prove it. In this article you will find our cold canapé recipes that will go perfectly with themed cocktails and glasses of wine. Another plus: You can make them in advance! Go for it!
A cold delicious canape recipe with smoked salmon
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 100 g butter, melted
- 100 g flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon of soda
For the top
- 280 g full cream cheese
- 100 ml of double cream
- rind and juice of one lemon
- 200 g smoked salmon slices, cut into strips
- a small bunch of fresh dill
- 50 g capers, cut in half
- Heat the oven to 220 C. Meanwhile, pierce the potatoes with a fork and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Cool them down. Reduce the oven to 180°C.
- After the potatoes have cooled, cut them in half and remove the flesh into a large bowl, discarding the skins. Mash the potatoes very well, then mix with two-thirds of the melted butter, all the flour and baking soda. Good season.
- Line a baking tray (about 35 x 25cm) with a piece of parchment paper and brush with half of the remaining oil. Roll out the potato dough on a floured surface, then place on a lined baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the remaining melted butter and bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown on the outside.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool on a baking sheet. Meanwhile, place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth and light. Mix with double cream and lemon juice, sprinkle with black pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire surface of the cooled potato cake. Using a knife, cut 30 squares, then garnish with salmon strips, fennel leaves, capers and lemon zest.
Roasted Grapes and Goat Cheese Toast
This recipe is much easier than the previous one, but just as effective and delicious. Here are the ingredients:
- 300 g seedless red grapes
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- one orange peel, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 large slices of sourdough bread
- 250 g soft goat cheese
- 100 ml full cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spread raisins, thyme and orange peel on a baking tray and bake at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- Toast the bread and pour oil on it.
- Then stir in the goat cheese, cream, pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the toast, sprinkle with raisins and garnish with a few extra thyme leaves.
An original and easy snack with eggs
Eggs may look ordinary, but pink eggs are very impressive! Here’s how to achieve this look:
- 1 small raw beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 ml of vinegar
- 75 g of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt seasoning
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 12 quail eggs
Mix the beets, vinegar, sugar, pickling spices and bay leaf with 1 teaspoon of salt and 150 ml of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolve. Boil the eggs and when ready, peel them and put them in a jar with marinade. They will be ready to serve within 8 hours, so this is the perfect snack that you can make the night before.
Cold roast beef canapé recipe
Christmas dinner and snacks on New Year’s Eve should be special, original and tasty, because they are the first thing you serve to your guests. That’s why we share with you this amazing cold canapé recipe:
- olive oil cooking spray
- 200 g rare roast beef, sliced, cut into strips
- 200 g roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Cut the bread into slices, brush with oil and bake until golden. Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the horseradish mayonnaise and add salt and pepper to taste. Fill each slice of bread with roast beef and sauce.
Cold Canape Recipe: Serve crackers with cream cheese. Add olives and tomatoes.
A mixture of cheeses in the shape of a Christmas tree decorated with fennel, pomegranate and almonds.
Cold canapé recipe idea with fresh fruit and cheese
Avocado Toast with Prosciutto – simple but delicious