last of the season!
Here we are… The Formula 1 World Championship is preparing to present its final show of 2022. As has been the case every year since 2014, in 2023 drivers will shine one last time in the Abu Dhabi night before making the jump to 100%. ! Max Verstappen will start from pole position accompanied by teammate Perez on the front row, Ferraris will secure 2nd place ahead of Mercedes in 3rd row, watch the last race of the season live with us!
On this farewell day, he leaves with one of the drivers who made the most mark in the history of Formula 1. At the age of 35, after a 16-year career in Formula 1 and 298 Grands Prix, 4-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has decided to retire. An opportunity for the world of motorsport to pay its last respects.
Everything begins within 2006, the 19-year-old Sebastian was promoted to the 3rd driver position at BMW Sauber. After Robert Kubica was elected to replace Jacques Villeneuve. During the 2007 Canadian Grand Prix, Kubica was the victim of a very violent crash that sidelined him for some time. Vettel therefore replaces the pole-sitter at the 2007 US Grand Prix and makes his first start in F1. He finished 8th, scored his first F1 point in his first race and was 19 years, 11 months and 14 days old. Youngest driver to score points in Formula 1 history (Record broken by Max Verstappen in 2015).
Footage from Sebastian Vettel’s first race with us in 2007 ? good luck in the final race Seb! pic.twitter.com/D2Xz3JtuMM
— Scuderia AlphaTauri (@AlphaTauriF1) November 20, 2022
Sebastian Vettel, already under the tutelage of Red Bull, made his debut as a starter for Toro Rosso in 2008. Vettel took his first pole position at the 2008 Italian Grand Prix at Monza, which he converted to victory the following day. He is 21 years old The youngest poleman and the youngest winner in Formula 1 history Dethroning Fernando Alonso (the record was broken by Max Verstappen in 2016). His season generally went well, so he was selected to join the official Red Bull team in 2009!
This is the true beginning of the legend of Sebastian Vettel. With 8 podiums including 4 wins, the German is 14.5 points ahead of teammate Mark Webber in his first season with Red Bull as vice world champion. The following year in 2010, he began a 4-year reign in which he was simply unstoppable, here’s what happened:
– He became the youngest world champion in history at 23 years, 4 months and 11 days. He ends the season with the most pole positions (10), wins (5, tied with Alonso), podiums (10, tied with Alonso and Webber) and laps led (382) and sets a new record for points in a season (256 points). .
– He broke the record for the number of km he drove ahead in one season.
– Recorded pole positions and podiums in a season (15 and 17)
– He becomes the youngest double world champion in the history of the discipline, dethroning Fernando Alonso (2005 and 2006) at 24 years and 98 days and still has 4 Grands Prix to go.
– He becomes the youngest triple world champion in history, together with Juan Manuel Fangio (1954-1957) and Michael Schumacher (2000-2004), the only champion to win at least three consecutive titles.
– A four-time world champion at the age of 26, he joined Alain Prost on the winning list and equaled Juan Manuel Fangio’s streak from 1954-1957. He was the youngest driver to become a four-time world champion in Formula 1. By winning in Abu Dhabi, Sebastian Vettel equaled Michael Schumacher’s record of 7 wins in a row.
Always a Formula 1 legend ?? #GivesYouWings pic.twitter.com/EVBDvO54Ea
—Oracle Red Bull Racing (@redbullracing) November 20, 2022
This is the beginning of the hybrid era after 4 years of dominance. Red Bull has struggled since 2014 in favor of Mercedes and won’t win the championship until 2021. Sebastian Vettel will join Ferrari in 2015 with the goal of a 5th world championship, a title that will never come, he will eventually go to Aston Martin. Red to finish his story after a difficult transition in 2021.
Vettel will start this last Grand Prix from 9th place.
Humility in victory, grace in defeat. These are the attributes of great champions. ???
Sebastian Vettel. We will miss you. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/jPXhQomnRB
— Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team (@MercedesAMGF1) November 20, 2022
Yas Marina Tour
- Length: 5,281 m
- Left turns: 9
- Right turns: 7
- DRS areas: 2
- Number of laps to be completed: 58
- Total distance covered: 306,183 km
Full weekend program
2022 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix calendar
|Session||History||Hourly||Which TV channel?|
|SessionCompetition||HistorySunday, November 20, 2022||HourlyDeparture at 14:00||Which TV channel?Channel+|