Instead of opening a packet of crisps and drinking a can of beer, why not prepare a delicious aperitif board for a football night? The 2022 World Cup starts today and we are very excited! And you know that to properly enjoy a good movie, TV series or football match, you need tasty snacks that fill you up and make you happy! Tensions are sure to rise during the match, so you’ll need some tasty food to keep your feet on the ground! Running out of ideas for what to serve? Check out our favorites!
Television should always be watched! So there is no need for a comfort food like potato cake or mushroom soup. No! In fact, to make the most of your evening, you need a quick, easy-to-prepare, easy-to-eat and incredibly tasty snack! Grab a beer or your favorite soft drink, order one of our delicious meals, and relax on the sofa!
A healthy aperitif board
- Cucumber, carrot and pepper slices.
- Greek yogurt dip with garlic, salt and black pepper
- Hummus sauce
- Healthy gluten-free crackers
- Gluten-free baked bread
But these are just thoughts! Make your own aperitif plate with your favorite vegetables!
Presentation charcuterie and cheese platter
As French people, we already know how to make the perfect charcuterie and cheese plate! But if you have no idea, here is the list:
- Baked ham
- dry sausage
Top with herbs and grapes to add some freshness!
First, get your favorite nachos and chips galore! Then comes the fun part: the dips. Here’s what you can put on the board:
- Tzatziki (grated cucumber, Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, chopped fresh mint, garlic, sea salt and lemon juice). If you want a step-by-step tzatziki recipe, check it out!
- Baba Ganoush (eggplant, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, ground cumin, salt to taste, smoked paprika).
- Salsa Dip (fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, white onion, cilantro leaves, jalapenos, lime juice, salt to taste)
These snacks are pretty common, so I’m going to give you a step-by-step cheese dip recipe that’s just… yum!
Cheese Dip Recipe:
- 230g medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.25 liters of whole milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- First, add butter and flour to a pot. Heat them and whisk them together until frothy. Continue to prepare and whisk the mixture for about 50-60 seconds.
- Then whisk the milk into the flour and butter mixture. Raise the heat slightly and allow to simmer while whisking the milk. When it thickens enough, take care and turn off the heat.
- Then stir the grated cheddar into the sauce until melted. In fact, if necessary, place the pan on low heat to help melt the cheese.
- Finally, once all the cheese has melted into the sauce, add the salt and chili powder. And that’s it!
This is my favorite because I always make it for football nights! And this time I won’t have it any other way! Usually, guacamole is considered a dip. However, many people have different variations of guacamole. I will give you the best that I try and do almost every week. Just grab your favorite chips and nachos (and how about baked sweet potatoes? The combination is so delicious and appetizing). Now here’s a guacamole recipe!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 small limes, with juice
- Salt, black and red pepper to taste
- First, mash the avocado with a fork. You can make it as thick or smooth as you like.
- Then add the other ingredients and mix well. Do a taste test and add more salt, black and red pepper and lemon juice if desired. It’s that simple! And here’s the best aperitif plate for a football evening (in my opinion, ha!).