Hero Paul George, Holiday and Markkanen too
Results of the night
Kings @Hornets: 115-108
Sixers @Wizards: 118-111
Pacers @ net : 109-116
Falcons @ Raptors : 109-139
pistons @ dollars : 108-110
Grizzlies @ Jazz : 105-121
@Rockets Clippers : 93-95
– We were a little worried Paul George and yesterday the Clippers talked about their bad start to the season. Tonight, “PG13” released all the rust and stress that had stuck to his skin after he recovered. Not only did the LA winger have a terrific game against Houston (35 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 steals and 2 blocks), but he saved his team’s skin with a game-winning basket. With 6 seconds left, Paul George took charge of the Rockets’ shower.
How many wins from Paul George. And what a game: 35 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 6 steals, 2 blocks, and the Clippers avoid a bad pass. boss. pic.twitter.com/6gV7q99GVs
— REVERSE (@REVERSEMAGAZINE) November 1, 2022
At the back, we have to applaud a very good defensive job by Nicolas Batum in having the last ball in a match that could have gone wrong. The Clippers are still reeling and will still be without Kawhi Leonard for the next few games, but at least they’ve stopped the losing spiral they’re stuck in.
The Legend of Utah and Lauri, the wonderful story continues
– Continues to mock the Jazz powerhouse and the idea that this group was assembled simply to finish last in the NBA rankings. This time, despite the return of the disease, it was Memphis who fell on the Utah floor Ja Morant (37 points). So what if the latter is off to an MVP-caliber start to the season Lauri Markkanenif it keeps up at this rate, who will we soon have to nickname “Lauri Legend”?
Uncomplicated, the Finn led his new team to success with crazy effect: 31 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 assists. Adding to the offensive fury already seen at EuroBasket a few weeks ago, the former Bulls player seems to have passed a phase in terms of protecting the rim.
Lauri Markkanen gives hostile rejection to Dillon Brooks ?pic.twitter.com/D5xA1ghZ3x
— Jazz Nation (@JazzNationCP) November 1, 2022
Utah is 6-2, tucked in nicely behind the Phoenix-Portland duo, and this lineup that isn’t slated to come out with best-to-watch status is writing a great story.
Steve Nash talks about the new Kyrie Irving controversy
– Want another name for the “too soon” NBA MVP debate? So try it Pascal Siakam. The Cameroonian is off to a great start to the season with the Raptors and he was great once again tonight to destroy the Raptors. “Spicy-P” was everywhere again, putting up 31 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assists to help his team have a very quiet evening.
Scottie Barnes (21-8-7) and Gary Trent Jr (21 points) was also sharp. Anyway, more Trae Young3/13 points (14), assists (10) and … turnovers (10), having a very complex match with a triple-double, clearly not confirmed.
– The Nets won their second game of the season after beating the Pacers at home – at Yahoo. Kevin Durant (36 points) was the big man of the night as, in addition to carrying Brooklyn on his shoulders, “KD” has now passed Vince Carter for 19th all-time in the NBA with 25,754 points.
The Pacers, who entered the match badly, hung because of the 30 points he got Chris Duarte and on set Buddy Hield (22 points). The Mathurin-Haliburton duo (27 points between them) was pretty well contained by the Nets.
Big bad Jrue hit
– The Pistons came close to beating the last two champions back-to-back within 24 hours. Without a 3-pointer Jrue Holiday With 45 seconds left, the Bucks were arguably no longer losing. With 25 points, 10 assists and 7 rebounds, the guard kept Milwaukee out of trouble and allowed his team to remain the only undefeated team in the NBA.
JRUE CLUTCH TRIPLE ? pic.twitter.com/UovXHjeyh8
— NBA TV (@NBATV) November 1, 2022
Giannis Antetokounmpo (31 points) and Brook Lopez (24 points) helped the Bucks respond to an early-season challenge from a very interested Pistons, especially thanks to Cade Cunningham (27 points) and Bojan Bogdanovic (23 points).
Killian Hayes He played 17 minutes on the bench. Unfortunately, the French leader failed to hit the mark again (0/4), but while in the game he brought 3 rebounds and 4 assists for a +7 differential.
– After a bad start, the Kings continue. Sacramento won again, this time in Charlotte, relying on the skill of Kevin Huerter (26 points) and all-around impact. Davion Mitchell (23 points), the author of valuable shots at the time of money. The Californians trailed by 15 points at halftime and lost De’Aaron Fox injury along the way after a blow to the knee. So it was a poor start to the evening, but Mike Brown’s players found the mental resources to kick well.
Theo Maledon Played 11 minutes off the bench for Charlotte with 2 points, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
No Embiid, no problem
– Since we were nervous at the beginning of the season, the “Sixes” perform a little better and return to balance (4-4). Philadelphia didn’t suffer too much from Joel Embiid’s absence, he got sick and beat Washington. James Harden led the debate and helped break the record for assists in an NBA game (23 points, 17 assists). Tyrese Maxey (28 points) and very skilled George Niang (4/4 – 3 points).
The choice of Wes Unseld to reshape his five with the integration of Anthony Gill at the expense of Dani Avdija did not prove relevant.